Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Battling the weekends

Time for my weekly update! Yesterday was weigh in day. Down another 1.2 pounds! That brings my total to 8.8 pounds in 4 weeks. That is right around 2 pounds a week, which is what I am aiming for. I wish it could have been more, but I know why it wasn't more. I do great on the weekdays, its the weekend that really get me. I think its all about the routine. Monday through Friday is the same old stuff. Breakfast, lunch and dinner at relatively the same time and place everyday. Snacks are usually around the same time too. Then the weekend comes. Sometimes I sleep through breakfast. Well I am always up early with Tank, but then I may stay up for an hour after I feed him and take him out, but a lot of times I end up falling back asleep on the couch or back in bed. Then a lot of times on the weekends there is a lot of eating out for lunch and dinner. This past weekend we did not eat out for dinner, but we did go to some friend's houses both nights. Not only do I munch when there are dinner parties, but I drink too. I am not an alcoholic or anything by any means. But if you just have a couple drinks the calories and in my case the "points" add up. I am still working on my social aspect of this life style change.


This weekend I am going home to Virginia!! I cannot wait! But it will be a challenge with the food again. Mom always wants to cook for me. We are also throwing a shower for my friend Kelly on Saturday (more munching.) And of course Sunday being Mother's Day, we will head to my grandma's for what I am sure will be a feast - as always!

I hope everyone has a great week and weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

2 comments:

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

You are right! It is especially hard not to munch at parties! However, there are some great new low cal beers out there . . . and vodka/water/lime isn't too bad either! :)

Unknown said...

That is exactly why I don't drink as much as I used to...I don't want the excess calories! Although I was skinnier in college...maybe I should start drinking more again! :)