Friday, May 29, 2009

Come Monday..

So a quick update on my Weight Watchers this week... my first gain. After 5 weeks of losing, I finally had a gain week. I knew it before I went in. We do not have a scale at the house, but I knew. It had been a long, stressful, eat-out filled week. It was only a little over a pound and I am okay with that. Weight Watchers motto when it comes to gains is, "It's not failure, it's feedback." Which, I agree. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It took me 26 years to get where I am at with battles, it's not surprise that it was very easy to slip. I have been very good since Tuesday, so I have a positive outlook for next week. I will keep you posted.

In other news, my back has been killing. So, I have had lower back pain, since ohh.. I don't know.. since I can remember. I go to the doctors, and they tell me it's my weight. Which, I understand, all my issues pretty much are due to the fact that I am over weight. But I am tired of them just sending me home with a prescription and telling me to use ice and/or heat. ENOUGH!!! I am 26 years old, I cannot be drugged up my whole life. I take advil around the clock. I can't take any of the other prescription stuff they give me during the day because I will not be able to mentally function. So HealthSource Chiropractic & Progressive Rehab, was on my list to contact. I went yesterday for my Free Consultation. I thought what the heck, the consultation is free I can atleast hear what they have to say. After talking with Dr. Bunce, who is great, young, easy to talk to and has the same birthday as me, he told me by my symtops it sound like I have a bulging or herniated disk in my L4/L5. So he took some X-rays (all part of the free consultation) and I go back Monday after work to talk to him about what he found on the X-rays and she what kind of plan he may have for me. Also, I have pinched nerve in my neck, which I have known for a while. Again, all the doctors do is give me meds. They tell me if it gets worse I can get cortisone shots or if worse, surgery. So he took an X-ray of my neck to see it and see if anything else was going on up there. So we will see what he has to say Monday. Again, I will keep you posted. But for now, the heating pad is my best friend. Actually I am using it right now... how sad.

1 comment:

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

Hang in there! We're behind you all the way!