Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Bucket List






So this past weekend my parents came to town for Father's Day. However, they did not arrive in SC until Saturday. Mike worked Friday night until 9 and then rented a movie, The Bucket List. It stars Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. The story is about two older men that have just been given a short time to live. They meet in the hospital after numerous sessions of radiation they come up with an idea of a "Bucket List" or things they would like to do before they "kick the bucket." There are some fun things like sky diving and my favorite, "Witness something truly majestic." I had seen previews for this movie and definitely wanted to see it, however the previews only showed the funny parts. So I was thinking of Queen Latifah's Last Holiday which was just a corny little movie where she finds out in the end that her results go mixed up. Anyways, little did I know, or think it would be such a tear jerker. I am not one to cry a lot, I rarely cry at movies, and if I do it is probably because an animal has died, not a human. This movie is an amazing story of friendship and makes you hope that everyone out there has a friend like they found in each other. I know the reviews were not good, and I hate to cry, but it truly was such a touching movie. I would recommend it, just make sure you have a box of tissues, because yes you will cry, but smile simultaneously.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

craig and i saw this one in the theaters and both loved it! i totally cried at the end.

Rae said...

I bawled my eyes out!!! I just LOVE morgan freeman so much!!