Friday, October 5, 2007

What the F****?




Ok, so after the game thursday night Mike, Dave, dave's brother Matt and I return to Mike and Dave's cars to find they are no longer there. Since they parked in front of my law firm on Lady Street I proceed to call my boss at midnight and I say to him, "Charlie, my boyfriend and his friend had their cars parked out on the street, we just got back from the game and they are gone." Charlie says, "Oh I didn't know they were their cars, you don't want to know what happened to them." I say "What happened?" Charlie said, "A 77 year old lady blackout down at the light, pushed the gas, went up on the side walk, took out a meter, slammed straight into the truck (Mike's) which then pushed up on top of the other meter and the nissan (Dave's), all cars are totalled. The cops are waiting for you to call and report them stolen so they can tell you the whole story. I watched the whole thing, I am really sorry. If I had known those were their cars I would have called you." So we called the cops. They came and brought Mike and Dave a copy of the accident report and told us where the cars were. Luckily I had my camera with me to take some pictures. These are just a few picturs from the junk yard. We are getting ready to leave for Virginia, but I promised Mike I would post a quick blog. Again the Chevy truck is Mike's the Nissan is Dave's and the Cadillac belonged to the old lady. Who, by the way, is okay. There was another car involved that was also totalled but was taken to another junk yard.



demolished the steel bumper, apparently she was going 60 miles per hour when she blackout.













Dave's car was parked behind Mike's car on the street. Mike's car was pushed so hard it when right back up and over Dave's car.












It was midnight when we returned to the scene and found out what happened. We then had to go to the junk yard, get their stuff out and then head home about 2:00 am. What a night!











This is the old lady's car. There was some more damage on the back and sides but the picture give you the general idea.










Well Mike and
Dave were pretty shocked and frustrated to say the least. Luckily, no one was seriously injured and the night wasn't a total loss, the Gamecocks beat Kentucky!

2 comments:

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

HOLY COW! That is crazy! I'm so glad the lady is okay!

Alanna said...

oh my goodness! what are the chances of that happening?!? at least no one was in the cars when she blacked out.