Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Week in review..

So as some of you may know last tuesday I was laid off from my job and I have been spending the past week looking for jobs. Fortunately I had a fun weekend to break things up and get my mind off things. I went to Dataw Island (Beaufort) for my friend Carol's bachelorette weekend. We had a lot of fun. Drank LOTS of wine. Flipped over a golf cart. Broke my camera :( tried to fix my camera and shocked myself. NOTE: do not try to fix your own camera after drinking lots of wine by unscrewing every screw and thinking you know what you are doing. I took a couple of picture before the camera broke, however since the camera is broken I cannot upload the pictures. It was a nice weekend and we had Beautiful weather and it had been a while since I had seen the beach or the sun. Then last night Mike finally bit the bullet and bought a new car. Well not completely new but a 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat. It is very big, grey/blue in color, leather interior, extended cab with all the bells and wistles. Needless to say it's a lot more comfortable than the Danger Ranger. And the best part about the truck was that I got to drive it home because I could not drive the Ranger home because I do not know how to drive a stick shift. At one point on the drive home (from Two Notch rd. so like a 25 min drive) Mike was in front of me and and called him on the phone and said "Beep Beep move out the way I am going to run over your little peanut truck." It was funny I felt so high and big up in that truck. It may be a while before there are pictures on here, but we will see I don't know how long I can live without a camera. But then again, I don't have a job to afford it. If anyone knows any leads for jobs in columbia please let me know.

Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job, though I do recall you considering looking for a new job several weeks ago anyway. This no doubt happened for a reason.

And about your camera . . . I most certainly feel your pain. It wasn't too long ago that I overexposed my camera with "Fantastik" in order to get chicken juices off of it . . .
I lasted only a week.