Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ironman

As some of you might know my dad is an Ironman! He has participated in 5 full Ironmans and a million half Ironmans. For those of you who do not know, an Ironman, is a triathalon. A full Ironman is a 2.2 mile swim followed by a 112 mile bike and then finished with a 26.2 (yes a full marathon) run. This past Sunday my parents came dad and my dad did a Half Ironman (which is half the distance of all of the above) in Augusta.


getting ready for the swim ...
there they go 1.2 mile swim in the Savannah River





Mike has the camera at this point and missed him going by. I however got a good picture with my Blackberry and uploaded it to facebook so I could tag my dad and all his friend could keep track of how he was doing.









on to the run.. only 13 miles
and he is done! with a victory beer! not bad for 58!!!

3 comments:

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

Your dad is amazing!

Alanna said...

i agree... truly amazing!

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! :)